This website is operated by Rising Lotus Scented Candles. We are committed to protecting and preserving your privacy when visiting this website at https://risinglotusscentedcandles.co.uk or when communicating electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website. We confirm that we will keep your information secure and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when you visit this site. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What types of information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information about individuals who visit and use our website:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
How do we collect your data?
We collect and process data and when you:
- Register on this website or place an order for any of our products or services;
- Voluntarily complete and submit a form or send us an email;
- Use or view our website while your web browser is configured to accept cookies.
Why do we collect your data?
The information we collect from you may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- To process your order for any goods and service that we provide;
- To contact you in relation to any goods and service you have ordered from us;
- To contact you with information about products and services we think you might like;
- To improve your experience when using this website.
Who do we share you information with?
We do not share your data with any third party in exchange for goods, services or financial remuneration. However we do use third party service providers for email and web hosting services and other data processing and handling activities. During the normal course of business your data may be transmitted between these third parties and held on their information storage systems. These third parties and their respective privacy policies are as follows:
- Google – https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Microsoft – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Etsy – https://www.etsy.com/legal/privacy
- SumUp – https://sumup.co.uk/privacy
- Dropbox – https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/privacy
- UK Web Solutions Direct – https://ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk/privacy-policy.php
How long do we store your data?
If you leave a comment on this website the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
If you register on our website we store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Information that visitors provide using the contact forms on the site may be held on the site for up to one year from the date of submission. Where we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes this data may be held in other information store systems for a period of up to seven years or for such a term as is legally required.
What rights do you have to your data?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive a summary of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have agreed to receive marketing email from us you may opt out at any time.
Privacy related enquiries or request for information that we hold may be addressed in writing to Mr Matthew Garmston, 19 Persistence Road, Kingswood, Hull, HU7 3LR, UK or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keeping you signed in;
- Recording any options or preferences you choose while using this website;
- Understanding how you use this website.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However you may be unable to use some features of this website as a result.
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyse data about the behaviour of visitors on the website. This includes information about which websites visitors have come from when arriving at the site, which pages and subpages were accessed, how often and for what period of time. This mainly to help us optimise the website and provides cost-benefit analysis of internet advertising.
Content from third-party websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website. This site may also include links to and from other websites.